October 24, 2022
OpenXava 7.0.1 released
This is a maintenance version with many bug fixes and some small improvements.
To update edit the pom.xml file in your project and change the value of the openxava.version property, in this way:
Then rebuild your project:
- With OpenXava Studio:
- Right mouse button in your project > Run As > Maven clean
- Right mouse button in your project > Run As > Maven install
- Or with command line: mvn clean package
Look at the migration instructions.
We have upgraded the following third party libraries:
- Hibernate upgraded to 5.6.11.
- Hibernate Envers upgraded to 5.6.11.
- Groovy upgraded to 4.0.5.
- Jersey upgraded to 2.37.
- Driver versions in doc and new projects upgraded for MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
We have been working to improve documentation and other learning material as videos:
- Getting started guide using IntelliJ in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Getting started guide using Maven in English, Spanish and Chinese.
- Video in Chinese for getting started guide.
- Lesson 26 of course translated to Chinese, so now the whole course is in Chinese.
- Outdated documentation to deploy on Weblogic removed.
- Documentation for IntelliJ updated to use Maven.
- Improved Appendix D of course about testing with examples of HtmlUnit usage.
We release new docs and videos constantly, not waiting for the official release of the code. So you have been already using some of the above material, although all the above docs are in the GitHub under the 7.0.1 tag.
We have done many fixes:
- Fix: @Coordinates editor does not work in development environment or starting from command line.
- Fix: Image and text in actions of subcontrollers are too close, also space is not the same that for icons.
- Fix: Broken internal links from annotations to their sections in reference guide.
- Fix: Broken links from Model chapter of reference guide to API javadoc.
- Fix: Chunks of XML code in the content of a @HtmlText property are not saved.
- Fix: Applications using root context do not work since 7.0 from development environment.
- Fix: HtmlText editor removes content when < followed by a character is used, like <a.
- Fix: New project created from openxava-archetype-spanish contains unknown characters for accents.
- Fix: Connection to AS/400 fails using the default dependency in new projects pom.xml and docs.
- Fix: Some messages in log not translated when using a JVM language other than English, Spanish or Chinese.
- Fix: Empty configuration file, like editors.xml, controllers.xml, etc, produces a parse exception.
- Fix: assertDiscussionCommentContentText() of ModuleTestBase does not work since 7.0.